|Brand||Advantix II||Advantix II||SENTRY|
|Our Take||Best Price||Best Overall||Editor’s Choice|
There are several advantages to using flea pills over flea spray for your canine friends. You don’t have to deal with any unpleasant smells or stains this way, and it is often safer for your dog and other pets you may have.
In order for you to make an informed decision about which flea pills to use with your dog, we have researched a few different options for oral flea medication. This way you can treat your pooch with confidence that it is kept safe.
Our Top Picks for Best Rated Oral Flea Treatment for Dogs
- Best for the Money: K9 Advantix II Flea, Tick and Mosquito prevention
- Best Flea and Tick Pill for Dogs: SENTRY Capguard (nitenpyram) Oral Flea Control
- Best Flea Pill for Small Dogs: Novartis Capstar Flea Tablets for Dogs and Cats
- Best Flea Pill for Cats: Flea Away All-Natural Flea Repellent for Dogs and Cats
- Best Flea and Tick Prevention Pill for Dogs: Advantus Flea Soft Chew
Here are some of the best oral flea treatments on the market today.
Before You Buy
Before you purchase any flea medication for your dog, the following should be kept in mind:
- Lack of effectiveness- Many oral medications are not as effective as their spray or topical counterparts. They often provide only partial protection for your dog’s body, whereas topical applications and sprays can easily cover the entire dog.
- Know your dog’s diet- Not every dog can take an oral supplement. Due to dietary problems or some other health issue, your dog may need to go with some other form of flea control. For safety purposes and the health of your dog, it is always best to consult your veterinarian before giving your dog any medication or treatment, even for something as common as fleas.
- Mostly adult fleas will be affected- Oral treatment for fleas, according to AKC.org, is generally going to target adult fleas, so the larvae and eggs may not be destroyed by the treatment. Keep that in mind as you try to treat your dog. This makes for a very good preventative measure for dogs, to keep them from getting fleas, and it works well on an adult flea infestation, but eggs and larvae may not be affected.
- Potency will vary- Some oral medication for your dog will be far stronger than others, and you can’t always tell that according to price. Do some research and look at what those who have used the products have to say about them.
This listing is comprehensive only based on surveys in the market and product reviews. It is always advised to consult a veterinary doctor before subjecting your pet to any medication. These tablets and medicines will surely get your and your pets spirit back up and lead you to a healthier and a joyful life ahead.