|Brand||Lice Lifters||ClearLice||Nit Free Lice|
|Our Take||Best Price||Best Overall||Editor’s Choice|
You might get grossed out just thinking about head lice crawling around on your scalp or those of your children. These annoying little critters can infest anyone’s head, and they can be tough to get rid of.
However, we are going to show you what kind of products you can use to be free from lice and how you can choose the most effective treatment methods.
Best Rated Lice Treatment Kits Reviews
Now that you know what you should be looking for when you try to find the right lice treatment, it’s time to look at some of the best products you could use to deal with this problem.
A huge percentage of people that have used the product claim it worked for them, so it is worth a try as it just might do the trick.
Following the instructions while using all products may increase your chances of getting positive results.
If the good aspects outweigh the bad in your case and chemical treatments have been a disappointment, then maybe you should give it a try.
Why Are Lice So Hard to Get Rid of?
Lice are so frustrating to deal with because they are very small and very hard to get rid of entirely. Many people take drastic measures to remove lice, such as shave their head, use extremely hot water on their scalp or use corrosive and dangerous chemicals to treat the problem.
You may not have to do anything quite so drastic, but you do need to use the right treatment method to deal with lice. They can be tough to get rid of unless you know what you are doing.
They won’t just cause an infestation that affects your head though. You can also get pubic lice and body lice, the latter of which hides in your clothing.
So, pay attention to that itching sensation on your body, wherever it may be, and consider that it could be lice affecting you.
Lice can lay as many as 10 eggs a day, which makes them tough to remove completely. If you only get some of them out of your hair, the remaining ones can repopulate quickly.
These pests also climb fast, so they can spread from person to person just by touching heads or sharing a hat or scarf momentarily.
What to Consider Before You Buy a Lice Treatment Kit
You need the right lice treatment for your personal needs. What works well for you might not work well for someone else, so here are a few things to keep in mind as you try to find the right lice treatment product:
- Medical Conditions- If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, you may need different lice treatment than someone else would be able to use. If you are being treated for any medical conditions or you have allergies or other sensitivities, then consult with a doctor or pharmacist before using any lice treatment. You want to be sure that what you buy does not interact badly with your medical issues.
- Effective Combs- One of the most recommended treatment methods for dealing with lice is to comb your hair thoroughly. You can remove a lot of them this way, but you need to use a comb that is designed for getting rid of lice. Not just any comb will do the trick.
- The 100% Effectiveness Lie- Any lice treatment that claims to be 100% effective is probably selling you a lie, as there is no treatment method that is that effective.
- No Need for a Doctor’s Visit- If you know that you have lice, then you can simply buy a lice treatment yourself without any need to go to the doctor. This is an easily diagnosable problem and one that can be effectively treated without a prescription. Just do your research to ensure that you get a suitable treatment method.
What to Avoid
There are some lice treatment methods that are simply unsafe and others that don’t work very well. We will cover a few methods to avoid as you try to deal with the infestation:
- Flat Irons- People commonly advise one another to use a flat iron to kill lice, but this won’t necessarily kill all the lice, and you can damage your scalp using this method. Try to go for something that is safer and more effective.
- Toxic Chemicals- Pay attention to what the lice treatment you get is made of. Some methods use chemicals that are corrosive and that may kill lice but may also destroy your hair and scalp. You can find a solution that just gets rid of the lice, if you are careful with the kinds of chemicals you are using.
- Being Rough on Your Scalp- Lice can be incredibly irritating and make your head itch. You want to avoid any lice treatment solution that cuts into your scalp or scratches it roughly. This can tear the skin and open your scalp up to infection.
- Ineffective Home Remedies- There are tons of folk medicines and home remedies that people will recommend you once they find out you have lice or if you do some research online. You want to avoid a lot these since they will often be ineffective and a waste of time. Use medical treatment methods that have proven to work and not something that only works occasionally on some people.
Best Lice Treatment Kits: Summed up
The above lists shows our top 5 picks for products that could be the answer to your lice problem. If you are looking to get rid of lice fast, then consider one of the products we recommended or use our guide on what to avoid and what to look for to help you find the most suitable solution to your lice problem.
Even though not life-threatening, lice can be a serious nuisance. That’s why you will want to get rid of them as fast as possible. If one of the products you got didn’t do the trick, just try another one. Our list does contain the best lice treatment kits out there, so one of them will definitely work for you.